Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Time Out For Women

On Friday night - happy to be together!

At Cafe Rio for lunch on Saturday - lunch with the girls - so fun!

The back of my car filled with awesome ladies!


On Saturday morning, at Time Out

A sleepover with all the sisters - even mom!

At the beginning of November, all of us Carter girls headed down to beautiful St. George, upon Melanie's invitation. She came up with the wonderful plan for all of us to attend Deseret Book's Time Out For Women. What a fabulous weekend it was! Those Canadian Carter girls were super serious about shopping! On Thursday night, after driving for 13 hours, they had plenty of energy to go shopping that very night, once they arrived at my house! Off to Ross, Target, Wal-mart and the mall, we did go! I was amazed at their stamina. Friday morning, we were off to Melanie's house. We had a great time chatting, and enjoying one another's company. It was wonderful to pull up to the Hancock home with all of these fabulous women - and Melanie is such a welcoming and warm hostess. We always love to stay at her beautiful home, thank-you so much, Mel!
That evening, at the Time Out event, we thoroughly enjoyed listening to Hilary Weeks. She is muscially talented, and has the best sense of humor. We laughed and felt the spirit all at the same time. I felt my testimony strengthened as she sang about staying strong in a challenging world. We were off to Vegas after that, to get Mom, and was I ever happy to see her, after making it to the airport, thanks to Chelsea and Andrew's GPS. I always love to see mom, and her happy smiling face, and positive energy!On the way back to St. George, I forced the sisters to sing crazy Harry Potter songs to help me stay awake - too funny! We ended by singing some primary songs, and I really enjoyed not only being with my sisters, but singing with them too.
Saturday was another great day in the kingdom - right Dad?! I just loved sitting in the audience, listening to the uplifting speakers and music, with all the women in my family. Who can top that? I still have to laugh when I think of Melanie eating a tootsie roll sucker to stay awake, but fell asleep, with the sucker waking her up by falling out of her mouth - too funny! We had a bad case of the giggles - which is hard to cure when you are required to stay quiet! Wonderful memories, thanks to all the husbands who helped us get there, even though they were sick - we loved it!

4 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Ha ha! What great times. I just finished reading the part about my sucker dropping. How foolish of me! How come I couldn't stay awake like you sisters. We all went to bed at the very same late hour??? It really was a dream come true to have you all at my house. It was the best weekend ever..a start for many more to come..yay! Hilary Weeks rocks!

Woodwards said...

That was such a fun weekend! Thanks for all you and Mel did to make it happen. Dad aptly nicknamed you the 'sparkplug'! You are - and THANKS! Love ya!

Jenny said...

Yes we did have some stamina - we had to get some good deals!! It was such a fun weekend that I will never forget. Such a cool thing that we were all together to enjoy such a spiritual uplift!! Thanks Cynth and Mel for hosting us. You two are the best. What a great idea Mel! mmmmmmm I'm still dreaming about Cafe Rio. What a great place - so worth the 18 hour drive!!

Sheers said...

ahhhh...it was a wonderful weekend. I can't help but smile when I think about it. And yes, I loved the sucker dropping too, I think that will always be a memory! lol. I'm glad I didn't have to be a crazy Canadian shopper lady and was there with enough time to shop. And thank you for letting me drag you around everywhere. I know shopping with me while I dig through each and every thing on the rack is your favorite thing. hehe.
I loved spending time just the women - what a great idea!