Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

4th of July

Crazy race sistas!

Abigail on Luv 2 Dance's float - love the wave, Abs!


Boys will be boys!


Sweetie Sam smiling at Abby


Cute cousins, Sydney and Jenna just before the fireworks

Ethan and Caden, ready for the fireworks


We had a fun fourth of July weekend with the Carters and Hancocks. On the morning of the 4th, Melanie and I participated in the Kaysville 10K race. Melanie sure had a spring in her step, and kept me motivated! We beat our goal by a couple of minutes, so I was pretty happy with our 52 minute time. We have done a few races together now, and I thoroughly enjoy doing them with her - love you sister! We then enjoyed the Kaysville parade. Main street was jam packed with spectators, and children running to get candy. Abigail was on a float with her dance studio, and she faithfully saved some of the best candy for our crowd. She looked so cute waving to all of us, and she said she enjoyed being in her first parade! A wonderful event for the family, and luckily, it was overcast, so we did not have the sun beating down on us. We had a splendid evening at Spencer and Lori's. We played hockey, had a BBQ, and ended it off with fireworks. Poor Ella had a sparkler drop on her foot, and she was in alot of pain. We all felt so bad for her. Thanks to the Carter's for a great evening, previous to the burn!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so cool to see Abby on a float!! How fun. And you two running sisters look so cute. I would love to join you one of these days! Looks like you guys had a great weekend together.

Melanie and Curtis said...

Um..ya, that is a crazy sister picture of ME..it looks like I'm going cross eyed or something. Too funny..I still love it, especially of you. You are so fun Stink..I love spending every minute with you! That really was a fantastic weekend. I can't to do it again next year! Love you!

Sheers said...

She definitely had to be one of the cutest on the floats - love her wave.
Way to go with the running. You guys are awesome with that - and great time! I wish I could be there to see you cross the finish line.
Too bad the 4th of July had to end with an injury (poor Ella!) but I'm glad you had fun celebrating before.